Reopening Santander Cycles MK scheme
We’re pleased to announce that our new scheme is now live, and our upgraded fleet of new bikes and docking stations are available for you to use around Milton Keynes!
Making your cycling experience top-notch is our utmost priority, so read on to find out more about what’s changed and to receive a voucher for your next rental.
Here’s some important information about our new scheme:
- We've moved some docking stations and added new stations - check out the new map here. We'll also be adding additional stations and bikes over the next couple of months.
- We've replaced our existing app with the nextbike app to make things more convenient. For example, you can now rent by simply scanning the bike code on your phone. Don't worry, your login details will stay the same, but you’ll need to download the nextbike app to continue using the scheme (iOS users click here; Android users click here) - Stay tuned for additional updates to help improve the user experience.
The new rental process is easier but slightly different, so here's a quick guide to the new process:
- REGISTER: Register via app, website or hotline or simply click here. By joining, you'll also be able to rent bikes in every nextbike city worldwide.
- RENT: Rent via app, hotline or customer card. Open the nextbike app and scan the QR code on the bike or enter the bike number. The lock will be released and your rental will begin.
- PARK: To park the bike temporarily, open the nextbike app and press 'Park'.Then press down the frame lock lever. A beep will confirm that the bike is locked. To continue the ride, press ‘Open Lock‘ on the app to reopen the frame lock. Note: Your rental is still running in park mode.
- RETURN: Push the bike into a dock at an official station. Lock it by pressing down the lever on the frame lock at the rear of the bike. A beep will confirm the successful return and end of your rental. If there are no docks available when arriving at a station, place the bike directly next to the station and then press down the frame lock lever. A beep will confirm the successful return and end of your rental.
Note: To correctly return a bike you must return it to an official station. Returning your bike away from an official station will result in an additional service fee. After renting more than 24 hours, we will need to charge you for the whole next day. nextbike reserves the right to charge up to £200 for vandalised bikes.
If you have any questions, you can contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8166 9851.
Don't forget to visit our website and follow us on Twitter @SanCyclesMK to stay connected!